Literacy Center COVID-19 Response
The Literacy Center is closed for in-person tutoring until the beginning of the 2021-2022 academic year.
The Literacy Center is giving away free children's books in front of the library during Tuesday Farmer's Markets, from 3:00 pm-5:30 pm. Giveaway books were donated by families, The Archives, People Helping People, the ReStore, and Community Kindness.
UPDATE December 16, 2020
The Literacy Center now offers Take-Out service! We'll choose materials for your child at their skill level for free! Available in most Reading, Math, and Vocabulary levels. To order you literacy materials, call the Library at 541.962.1339 or email Myra at email@example.com.
Families who are currently using the Literacy Center services may turn in their learning packets for review and return books and games they may have checked out.
Literacy and learning games are available for checkout from the Literacy Center. Check out this list and email Myra or call the Library to borrow a game.
The Cook Memorial Adult & Family Literacy Center is available to all ages, offering opportunities to improve reading and comprehension, math and other basic skills through written material, games and computers.
All Literacy Center services are FREE.
- Learn to read & improve reading skills
- Reading partners
- Homework help
- Benchmark writing practice
- Reasoning skills
- Math skills
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- GED (high school equivalency) preparation
- Reading & language skills
- Letter recognition
- Oral fluency
- Proof reading
Materials & Resources
- Learning games, including multi-generational games for family fun
- Computer programs for pre-K thru early high school
- CDs for reading, language, spelling, and math
- Grade level crosswords for comprehension, spelling, and vocabulary
- GeoSafari - science & geography
- FREE books each time you visit!
- Resources for newborn thru adult
- Parenting & grandparenting materials: prenatal, potty training, kindergarten readiness, staying in school, finding & keeping employment
- Analogies for older students
- Computers - 5 educational desktops
- 2 AWE Learning Stations - primary & intermediate
Centro de Adultos y Alfabetizacion
Ayuda gratis de tutores calificados a:
- Aprender a leer o mejorar la técnica de leer y de matemáticas
- Compañeros de leer
- Practica de escribir
- Desarrollar técnicas de razonar
- Ayuda con la tarea
- Ingles como segundo lenguaje
- GED y preparación la GED
- Recursos de nuevos bebes a adultos
- Materiales de ser patres y ser abuelos
- Exámenes disponibles
- Ayudar con niños quienes letras al reves