Literacy Center COVID-19 Response
The Literacy Center closed Friday, March 13, 2020, until further notice.
See our "Message from the Director" for more about the library's response to COVID-19.
UPDATE July 30, 2020
Literacy Center Take-Out is now available! Free materials are available in most reading, math, and vocabulary levels. Please call the library, 541-962-1339, or email Myra at firstname.lastname@example.org to request materials.
Families with Literacy Center items currently checked out may return them in the library book drop.
Mission and Hours
The Cook Memorial Adult & Family Literacy Center is available to all ages, offering opportunities to improve reading and comprehension, math and other basic skills through written material, games and computers.
Tuesday 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Wednesday 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Thursday 2:00pm - 4:30pm
Walk-ins welcome. Tutoring may also be arranged by calling 541-962-1339.
All Literacy Center services are FREE.
- Learn to read & improve reading skills
- Reading partners
- Homework help
- Benchmark writing practice
- Reasoning skills
- Math skills
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- GED (high school equivalency) preparation
- Reading & language skills
- Letter recognition
- Oral fluency
- Proof reading
Materials & Resources
- Learning games, including multi-generational games for family fun
- Computer programs for pre-K thru early high school
- CDs for reading, language, spelling, and math
- Grade level crosswords for comprehension, spelling, and vocabulary
- GeoSafari - science & geography
- FREE books each time you visit!
- Resources for newborn thru adult
- Parenting & grandparenting materials: prenatal, potty training, kindergarten readiness, staying in school, finding & keeping employment
- Analogies for older students
- Computers - 5 educational desktops
- 2 AWE Learning Stations - primary & intermediate
Centro de Adultos y Alfabetizacion
Ayuda gratis de tutores calificados a:
- Aprender a leer o mejorar la técnica de leer y de matemáticas
- Compañeros de leer
- Practica de escribir
- Desarrollar técnicas de razonar
- Ayuda con la tarea
- Ingles como segundo lenguaje
- GED y preparación la GED
- Recursos de nuevos bebes a adultos
- Materiales de ser patres y ser abuelos
- Exámenes disponibles
- Ayudar con niños quienes letras al reves